Botox Treatment: Know About Its Top 5 Do’s and Don’ts
Are you planning to undergo Botox treatment in Edmonton? But don’t have any idea about this cosmetic treatment? There are several considerable aspects about it which you must know prior to performing it. Accordingly, you will decide whether it is suitable for you to perform this treatment or not! This blog highlights the five do’s and don’ts of it. Let’s put the focus on them.
What must be your expectation post-Botox treatment?
If you can find a professional Botox injector in your locality, then you can treat your skin hassle-freely to obtain a youthful, refreshed, and relaxed appearance. Even this cosmetic treatment is helpful in preventing your skin from the development of wrinkles and fine lines to enhance the facial features.
After getting injected, swelling or redness may be experienced that too for a shorter time period. Visible improvements can be observed after3 to 5 days. You can obtain the full desirable results on completion of 2 weeks. You may get the treated areas refreshed and much smoother than it was earlier.
After that, you have to book a follow-up appointment with your dermatologist to check the improvisation of your skin. Some instances show extreme tightness is also experienced after undergoing this treatment, but it gets subsided within two weeks. The gradual movement of the skin can be performed on completion of three months of it.
In the meantime, if any stubborn lines get noticed on the skin, you must consult with your dermatologist as soon as possible. You must abstain from any sort of muscle movement to treat these lines. Generally, Botox treatment lasts for a maximum of 4 months only.
As it consumes 20 minutes to complete, you can schedule your other tasks afterward easily. The prime advantage of this treatment is it is the safest non-surgical method to enhance skin appearance. But similarly, like any other cosmetic treatments, it possesses some bare side-effects too.
Whenever you experience any of these, emergency consultation with your dermatologist is a must! The side-effects are mentioned below for your reference:
- Itching, hives or rash
- Prolonged and excessive bleeding
- Excessive swelling
- Difficulty breathing
- Persistent headache or neck pain
- Severe flu-like symptoms or fever
- Weakness and fatigue
- Eye and visionary issues including decreased eyesight, drooping eyelids, blurred vision, double vision, and dry eyes
Have a look at the five don’ts of Botox treatment-
- Avoid touching or rubbing the injected area and stay uprightAfter getting injected, don’t touch the spot till the next 6 hours, as it can lead to the uneven distribution of the Botox. As a result, it can reach to some unintended areas and develop several complications like droopy eyelids. Even, it is recommendable to stay upright for 4 hours post-treatment to ensure proper Botox absorption by the muscles.
- Refrain from performing any strenuous activities post-BotoxStrenuous activities must be postponed for the next 24 hours after getting the best Botox injections in Edmonton. It is an important considerable fact because various proteins are diffused to the affected spots on the skin during Botox treatment.
Strenuous activities lead to an increase in the blood flow that can metabolize the elements before completion of diffusion. As a result, it may get failed to offer you the desired result.
- Go for this for more info Simple Steps to Manage Your Weight
- Abstain from alcohol consumption prior to itPatients are advised to abstain from alcohol consumption many days before your day of Botox treatment. Alcohol consumption leads to thinning of blood that enhances the swelling and bruising chances.
- Don’t take supplement or medication for blood thinning post-treatmentTo obtain the best result, you are highly advised not to take any supplement or medication of blood-thinning 48 hours before and after the treatment. This will heighten the probability of swelling, excessive bleeding, and bruising.
Even you are supposed to avoid taking Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) like Aleve, Motrin, and Ibuprofen along with Aspirin. In case you intake any vitamin supplements or medication, you must raise your concern to the dermatologist to get the detailed info.
- Fix facial treatments and massage after a week of the treatmentIt is already pointed out that the Botox-treated area must not be touched. Touching the skin during any kind of facial treatment and massage can hamper the treatment’s desired outcome.
These are the considerable important facts you must know about Botox treatment. Even you may consult with Dr. Jarret Morrow MD to know which cosmetic option is most suitable for your skin.
You can read this article also Digital Hearing Aids