Fix Outlook OST File is Inaccessible Problem With Efficient Solution
Best Way to Solve Outlook OST File is Inaccessible Issue
Microsoft Outlook undoubtedly the most preferred email client application. This application saves the data in OST and PST file format. Outlook OST files are nothing but the replica of the mailbox items stored on the Exchange server. OST files allow the user to work in the offline mode. Once the connection rebuilds, automated syncing of Outlook OST file with Exchange server takes place.
But there are times when the Outlook application user not able to access the OST file. This is a very troublesome situation, the user which the user has to face. So in this article, we will discuss the Most prominent reasons which make the Outlook OST file is inaccessible. Before proceeding to the solution part. Let first discuss the reason which makes the Outlook OST file occurs.
Know The Reasons Why Your Outlook OST File is Inaccessible
Microsoft Outlook OST file will become inaccessible due to several reasons. Some of which are discussed below
1. Due to slow or unreliable internet connectivity
2. In case if any synchronization issue is there between the Exchange server and OST file.
3. Due to the installation of unnecessary add inns.
4. Antivirus software, File scanners using the OST file,
5. Incompatibility is there between the Microsoft Outlook and programs such as Communicator, Lync, UCMAPI, etc
Methods to Solve Outlook OST File is Inaccessible Problem
Method 1: Quit all Microsoft Outlook Related processes
1. First Exit the Outlook application and then open Task Manager.
2. After Go to processed tab and search for programs such as Lync, UCMAPI and communicator,
3. Select one at a time and then choose the end task.
Method 2: Now Disable the Cached Exchange Mode
1. Open the control paned >>mail>>Email Accounts>>Emails
2. Select the Appropriate Email id and click on Change.
3. Unmark the option “Use Cached Exchange Mode.”
4. Click on Next and then finally click on Finish.
Method 3: Try To Repair the OST file With the Help of Scanpst.exe ( Inbox Repair Tool)
Microsoft Outlook inbox repair tool is an inbuilt application provided by Microsoft to diagnose and identify problematic OST files. The user can try to repair the OST file if it is corrupted. This will repair resolve the OST file if it minorly corrupted. So to know the user can read this post to know What is Inbox Repair Tool Scanpst.exe
Efficiently Resolve Outlook OST File is Inaccessible Issue
There are various reasons due to which users OST file is inaccessible. To resolve this problem, the user can try the OST Recovery software. This software can easily recover the data from corrupted or inaccessible OST files. Also this software provide the option to save the data as Outlook PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 / HTML / PDF file formats. This software is specifically programmed to resolve the corruption problem. Also, in case if you have a password-protected OST file, then the user can also decrypt password-protected S/MIME and OpenPGP encrypted OST file emails.
If the user-facing Outlook OST file is Inaccessible problem. It is a very difficult task to make this file accessible. In this article, we have discussed the various reasons which make the OST file inaccessible. So to recover the data from inaccessible OST files, it is better to take the help of Expert Solution.